Sisterhood: The Purest Bond

Name: Sha-Ira Islam Samiha
Id: 24136006
Sec:29

We all have heard about brotherhood but for me it is sisterhood. Sisterhood is the purest bond in this world. It is a special bond that transcends mere friendship. The person with whom you can fight for anything, for whom you can fight with the entire world. The closest person to your heart who knows you more than yourself. 

 

I have an elder sister who is my biggest support system. She is actually all in one in my life. My sister, friend, guardian as well as crime partner. She scolds me for any kind of wrong activity but also can encourage me to do some mischief. I have always found her beside me whenever I needed her and also when I didn't need her. She was, is and surely will be there for me always. I have some guilt for not being a good sister for her as I was not there for her when she needed me. Maybe I am still not doing my best but I want to. I want to be there for her entire life as she was there for me. My childhood was super thrilling with her as we fought a lot but never for a thing like every sibling does. Like we never fought in this matter, I want this or that. We were always fought over "she will take the better one". Till now we are doing the same thing. But things got changed a little bit. As I shifted to Dhaka for my studies, I left her along with my family behind. I miss her a lot. I know she misses me more than I do. We have slept together since I was born. My mother always says that when I was brought home from hospital my sister held my finger and from then she never left that. We both miss our company now. We not only shared a bed, we shared our emotions, our whole day long stories, our gossip and everything at night. Now I find myself alone in my bed. Now we have no time to share our daily life events. So, whenever I go to Rajshahi (my hometown) we both go for rickshaw rides. We just go without any destination and share every little thing that happened in one and a half month with us. Dia'p (I call her by this name) the strongest soul who faced  a lot of problems in her entire life still giving her best to do best in her life. She is the one who teaches me how to make yourself stronger by facing new problems and tests that life takes. I am blessed to have her in my life because she fought with those problems before those disturbed me or destroyed me. The bond, the love we both share is priceless. I will never find a replacement of her and I never even want that. I want her for my entire life the way she is in my life now. But I want to be in her life in a better way. I want to be  her support system too. I do regret for my past mistakes but I don't want to regret in future too. So, I will try to be that person of her life to whom she can rely on anything, finds peace and happiness.
 

Comments