Melodies on Stage: My First Musical Stage Adventure

 Having a new experience in life is very necessary. The more experiences you gain , the more successful you will be in life. Education is not everything, beyond education there is a lot of knowledge and experience without which it is difficult to survive in society. Besides experience helps to become confident. I have experienced many things but my most exciting and charming experience was to perform on as stage. It was nearly 2 years ago when I was a college student. Before our senior classmates HSC examination started, we all batch students decided that we will organize a farewell party for them. Then we discussed about what we would put in the farewell party. Then we all decided that our event will have song and dance performance. It was also a matter of selecting what kind of music and dance we would put into the event. Then my friend Rafia told that it would be great if we put a mashup in our event. Mashup is a type of music where different type of songs are sung. Let me say one thing that I have learned music from a well known institute but I never sung on stage. I feel shy and nervous to perform on stage in front of the audiences, but this time I suddenly wanted to perform something. My batchmate Moin, who choreographed the mashup gave me one of it's part and that was a folk song. Besides the mashup also had a portion of rap music , patriotic songs and some band songs. We also had some solo performances at events where I played a band music. Mashup was my first stage performance and to be honest I was very scared and nervous in front of our Principal madam, vice principal and other teachers and my senior mates. But after all of this , we performed our mashup successfully, especially Rafia performed amazingly on stage. We also had a short stage drama inspired by the popular TV series Bachelor Point to enliven the event.

Performing Mashup








Performing Moho 


I played a role there. My stage play did not do well for which I had to hear criticism from the class teacher and it is also true that we were not conscious enough in our choice of drama. Afterwards, I have solo performance. I was accompanied by Riaz, Sadia and Mahif on the instrument. I covered the song Moho by one of my favorite bands Aftermath. And honestly our song was so good that everyone stood and clapped for us. giving all the credits for everything to my friends who were with me on the instrument . However, this stage experience played an important role for me. I have always been weak in communication which overcomes the weakness in stage performance. In addition, this experience helped me to gain confidence. This day will be memorable for me.
                                                                                                                                                       









 



 
 
                                                                                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campus Chronicles

Education: A path out of Poverty

HEALTHY HABITS: DOORWAY TO A FULFILLING LIFE